When was the last time your holding or septic tank was pumped?
If you can't remember, chances are it's time to have OK Sanitary Service Inc. come out and take care of that with same day service.
Whether it's your home, business, or farm that needs our help, please give us a call for prompt and high quality service.
Things you should avoid:
Don't use your garbage disposal.
- Garbage disposals are bad for both septic and mound systems, since food waste creates additional loading your tank needs to digest, increasing required pumping frequencies. The blades in a garbage disposal also chop particles so finely they neither sink nor float in grey water, clogging filters and drain lines.
Don't dispose of the following using your system:
- Grease, fats, oils, pesticides, herbicides, or any other toxins such as paints, household chemicals, or automobile fluids
- Excessive citrus products (oranges, lemons, grapefruits, etc.)
- Non-biodegradable items including cigarette butts, disposable diapers, baby wipes, the new toilet cleaning wipes, feminine hygiene products, condoms, hair, coffee grounds, rags, paper towels, and bandages
- Home brewery waste, antibacterial soaps, and wipes. These should always be used sparingly, and when possible, disposed of outside your system
- Strong medicines (especially antibiotics) in human waste or dumped directly into the system
- Strong disinfectants or bleaches
- Cleaning products such as Lysol, Pine Sol, Tidy Bowl, Drano, and Murphy's Oil
- Downy and Snuggle water softeners, as well as "point of delivery" water softeners (saline added). These clog drainlines and baffles, inhibiting the effluent flow. Use fabric softener dryer sheets instead of liquids in the washer
Things we recommend:
Spread your laundry loads out over the week.
- Excessive water discharge into the septic system is known as hydraulic overload, and is the number one killer of drainfields.
Choose one day a week for bleach loads.
- One cup of bleach kills 80% of the beneficial bacteria on a 1000 gallon tank for up to 72 hours. Doing all the bleaching at once gives your tank its needed recovery time.
Detergents: Liquid, low sudsing, low phosphate, and biodegradable baking soda ingredients found in products like Gain, Dash, Arm & Hammer, Fresh Start, and Bright
Cleaning Products: Liquid, non-chlorine, biodegradable, and non-toxic products like Ivory and Sunlight, or powder cleansers such as Biz, Comet, and baking soda
Don't wait and wind up knee-deep in waste - call us at 715-384-4526 whenever you need service!